- Getting Started
- You are a Slack user. Sign up at www.slack.com
- You are a Cacher user on the Team plan. Click here to view plans.
Create snippets using the /create-snippet slash command
/create-snippet [title] in any Slack message input to bring up the New Snippet modal.
Create snippets from channel messages
Click the context menu to the top-right of any Slack message to access the Create as snippet action.
This will trigger the New Snippet modal with prefilled file contents .
Unfurl Cacher links
- Public snippets (personal or team) are always unfurled.
- For a private personal snippet, the user posting the snippet must also be the creator of the snippet.
- For a private team snippet, at least one user authenticated with Cacher for Slack must have access to the snippet’s team library.
Team activity notifications
Turn on Slack notifications to receive activity notifications whenever a Cacher team member does one of the following:
- Creates a snippet
- Updates a snippet
- Deletes a snippet
- Assigns a draft snippet
- Leaves a comment
- Creates a label
- Updates a label
- Deletes a label
- Adds a team member
- Removes a team member
You can change the notification settings for a new team during the Slack setup step.
To change them for an existing team, follow the steps under Enable activity notifications for existing Cacher team.
Add Cacher for your Slack organization
To add the Cacher for Slack app, at least one member of your Slack organization needs to complete the following steps:
- Click User Dropdown->Personal Settings then Services or navigate to https://app.cacher.io/enter?action=add_slack_auth in your browser.
Click the Enable button for Slack.
Review the Cacher app permissions and click Authorize.
Since Slack is a feature of the Cacher Team Plan, upgrade your plan if necessary by navigating to: User Dropdown->Account and Billing then Change Plan. You can also navigate to: https://app.cacher.io/enter?action=change_to_plan&p=team
Enabling the Cacher for Slack app for your Slack organization adds the following features:
For the entire org:
- Unfurl Cacher snippet URLS
For yourself and each user who authenticates with Slack:
- Create snippets using the
- Create snippets from channel messages
To enable team activity notifications, you must take the additional step of enabling Slack for a specific Cacher team. Follow the steps below.
Enable activity notifications for new Cacher team
Click on the + button in the left-hand side account selector to create a new team.
Complete the team setup as you normally would. Pause on the Slack step.
Click Enable Slack.
- Change the notification settings as necessary for your team and click Finish Setup.
Enable activity notifications for existing Cacher team
Select the team in the left-hand side account selector.
Click on the Team Library Settings gear icon.
Navigate to the Slack tab in the sidebar.
Click Enable Slack.
Change the notification settings as necessary for your team and click Save Settings.
To uninstall Cacher for Slack for your Slack organization, point your browser to https://[your-org].slack.com/apps/AB284UJGM-cacher and click the Remove App button.